Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
-Hebrews 12:1-3

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Peace of Heart

Have you ever gotten  news that was not neccesarily "good" news, but felt a million pounds lighter after hearing it? Yesterday I got that news. When the doctor said, "FPIES," without me even mentioning it, I almost squealed with delight! You FPIES mommas might be wondering, "What the...?! Are you nuts?!" I think I already answered that question in my first post. You see, when you're in a constant state of limbo, with no support from a medical professional, and your kid doesn't LOOK sick, getting a concrete answer is like having the heavens open with a group of angels singing the hallelujah chorus and God's glory shining on you, warming your cheek (and heart for that matter) like the sun. Yesterday was a HUGE blessing. That's the way I am choosing to see this diagnosis. I know we'll have dark days filled with vomit, diarrhea, and crying, but now, I have an answer as to why. So with that, I will end with a prayer of thanksgiving!

Dear Father in heaven, I thank you for bringing me answers about Daniel, and for giving me peace in my heart about the answers. Please continue to guide us in this race you have marked out for us. You are a truly gracious God and I thank you for loving me and my family. I thank you for blessing me with an amazing son to care for, along with the resources and people neccesary! In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment