Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
-Hebrews 12:1-3

Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Surrendered Marriage Challenge

Dealing with the adjustment of becoming a parent to a healthy child adds stress to a marriage. Dealing with the adjustment of becoming the parent of a child who is less than healthy just adds to that stress. I had to go through the mourning process in June of 2010 when we lost our first baby and to my surprise, those feelings came rushing back as I realized I was mourning the loss of my idea of the perfect, healthy child upon finding out Daniel has FPIES. No fun filled dinners and funny, food smeared all over the face pictures for us. No cheerios or the infamous "puffs" every baby loves. No easy, fun, pity-less conversations with people about what foods Daniel eats. As I went through this mourning process, my husband has always been at my side, cheering me on, holding me up, and comforting me, just as he was almost 2 years ago. The amount of stress this monster called FPIES has put on our marriage is beyond what I ever thought we could handle. With God's help, we're still holding strong. In this time of stress, God has pointed me to something wonderful! Intentional by Grace is hosting A Surrendered Marriage Challenge. I have signed up for this in order to help jump start the strengthening process. Whether your marriage is strong or you're barely holding your head above water, prayer can always help!

No comments:

Post a Comment