Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
-Hebrews 12:1-3

Monday, February 6, 2012

One Foot in Front of the Other

So after another uneventful doctor's appointment, we've just been doing the same old same old. One useful bit of information we received from this GI appoinment was that Daniel is not anemic! I said a huge prayer of thanks the second I heard the nurse say that his test results were "completely normal" in her voicemail. If I hadn't just woken up, I'd have been jumping up and down, dancing around like a mad woman. God has answered another prayer with a big fat postitive for us! I can't imagine how much worse this could be if I wasn't able to eat such an iron rich food source, thank you grassfed beef!

Daniel is still growing, and due to my extremely limited diet, he is doing VERY well. Almost no symptoms whatsoever. He's sleeping better, his poops are what I like to call peanut butter pudding consistency, and reflux is almost non existent! He is rolling over now, but hasn't realized that he can continue to roll in the same direction to get somewhere. He loves singing and dancing in his jumperoo, along with "walking" the kitchen in his walker! He smiles and laughs just like any other "normal" baby when his guts aren't being torn to shreds by his overactive T-cells! I am so thankful that he is continuing to thrive, and that God is giving me the resources and strength to continue caring for this wonderful blessing He placed in my life! This past week has made me almost forget that he has FPIES and MFPI.

BUT...

I was reminded the other day that I have to keep slow and steady. I tried eating grapes. I love grapes. I have eaten them in the past when things were still muddy, and suspected they might have been a problem. They were staring at me in the fridge just screaming my name, so I gave in due to his amazing progress...bad idea. We spent yesterday, about 24 hours post grape ingestion by me, cleaning up lots of vomit and spit up. I'm just happy to say it hasn't affected him in any other ways, YET. I'll continue to keep a watchful eye on him for the next few days, but he seems to have recovered quickly from this impromtu trial.

For now, that is the update I have for you. We just keep putting one foot in front of the other, at a steady pace. We aren't to the point of running this race yet, but God is providing us with everything we need to walk it, and in the darkest times, when we are stumbling, He's carrying us in His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment