Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
-Hebrews 12:1-3

Monday, February 6, 2012

My Heart Goes Out to You

It's hard to understand what FPIES children, mommas, and families go through. Before I had to deal with a child who wouldn't be considered "normal," I always felt compassion and sympathy for families of children with illnesses, but it was hard to empathize with them. Now, my heart truly feels the weight of the grief that comes with mourning the loss of the idea of a "perfect,"" normal" baby. This new found empathy has moved me. I previously posted that I was trying to sew more to give myself a creative outlet for my stress. I have been able to do this, and it really does help me feel more relaxed. I figured that if the sewing helps me, why couldn't I use that  stress relief time to help others too? So I decided to set a goal to use my sewing and/or crafting skills to complete at least 1 project a month to donate to a charity/children's hospital/shelter. If you look to the left of my blog posts, you'll see a link to a website called Hopeful Threads. This website has been my inspiration. I will be following along with her projects, but if I feel that I cannot finish her posted project, or my skills aren't good enough, then I will choose something of my own. I will post my finished projects, along with links to the charities they are being donated to. I feel that God has given us so much hope and has been so gracious to us in these past couple of months, that I need to share that with others in need. Please pray that I have the time and energy every month to complete these projects!

1 comment:

  1. wow! what an amazing way of sharing hope and using your challenges for the Glory of God!

    ReplyDelete